Walking is a very simple activity that can bring us great benefits. It is highly recommended and effective to combat sedentary lifestyle, while not a great physical effort and can be done every day and at any age. Walking can be the best exercise for the elderly.
You will need to:
- Comfortable slippers
- Comfortable clothes
Steps to follow:
1. We will get in shape, the muscles will tone, we will gain joint mobility, we will reduce the risk of injury, it helps control the level of cholesterol, osteoporosis is prevented, and it helps us at the cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory levels. All these are the benefits of walking a little every day.
2. Improves digestion, among other positive aspects. Walking is not only a healthy sport, but also an excellent opportunity to have contact with nature, free the mind and body
3. Take advantage of any situation, go up and down the stairs, do not take the elevator, and take the bus or subway less.
4. Take advantage of shopping for walking. Shopping centers offer the advantage of a controlled environment. Therefore you can walk regardless of weather conditions.
5. Start gradually. Walk about 30 minutes two to three times a week. Increase your distance gradually every week. Start at a pace that is comfortable for you. Increase your speed slowly.
6. If you notice that your breathing is shortened or it is difficult to speak or you feel dizzy or in pain, stop and rest. If possible, notify your doctor.
7. Do some stretching at the end of the walk.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
- Very important is planning your routine and your route. Be sure to set aside the necessary time. Do not leave it to chance. Do it as a custom. This will strengthen your will. Remember that walking should become not an obligation but a pleasure.
- Try as much as possible to walk accompanied.